News & Events
Oct 14 2015Proposed changes to the Strata Property Act may prove positive for condo owners and developers
Industry Tool Kits
Key ContactsView All
Our Strata Property Group has acted for more than 1500 strata corporations over the past quarter of a century. Building on this experience, the Group has the understanding and knowledge to address the wide variety of legal and governance issues that are important to strata councils, property managers, realtors, developers and owners.
We provide assistance on a broad range of strata property law issues, including:
- Pets, unpaid strata fees and special levies, parking, enforcement of bylaw and rule, strata management, strata governance and liens.
- Disputes on any strata issue including rentals, leases, contracts or bylaws.
- Drafting bylaws and resolutions.
- Advising on legislation such as the Strata Property Act, the Real Estate Services Act, the Personal Information Protection Act and the Human Rights Code.
- Attending council meetings and general meetings.
- Arbitration and mediation services.
We also provide specialized collection services to strata corporations. We have assisted in the collections of strata fees, interest, special levies, fines, legal costs and arrears owing by literally hundreds of strata lot owners. Our approach to the collection is both practical and economical. Through our extensive experience in this area, we have developed relationships with many financial institutions, which allows us to collect arrears efficiently.
Our group also acts for some of British Columbia's largest residential and commercial property developers. For more information about this see our Commercial Real Estate page.