News & Events
Key ContactsView All
Corporate & Commercial
Our Corporate & Commercial Group is one of the largest groups in the firm comprised of our general commercial and transactional lawyers. Our group includes a number of seasoned commercial solicitors, each with one or more areas of business law expertise, and a number of dynamic junior solicitors.
We offer a full range of commercial and corporate legal services to businesses of all sizes. Our clients include small entrepreneurs, regional operators and large multinationals – many of whom have been with us for more than 20 years. We take great pride in serving all clients, large and small, with the same enthusiasm and dedication.
While we have the ability to draw upon the additional expertise of the lawyers in our specialized groups, we know that clients often require the services of an experienced business law generalist. The generalists in our group have experience with a wide range of transactions and representing all manner of business participants, including vendors, purchasers, lenders, borrowers, investors, shareholders, directors, officers, partners, co-owners, joint venturers, franchisors, franchisees, lessors, lessees, distributors, governments and government related entities.
We offer legal and strategic advice on a wide range of business transactions and matters, including the following:
- Business Structuring – including corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships, trusts and joint ventures;
- Acquisitions and Divestitures – including share and asset purchase and sale transactions;
- Financing– including debt and equity financing;
- Cross Border and Multi-Jurisdictional Transactions – including acquisitions of Canadian businesses and assets by foreign purchasers and assisting U.S. and other foreign businesses in establishing Canadian branches and subsidiaries;
- Ownership Agreements – including shareholder, partnership, co-owner, joint venture and other strategic alliance agreements;
- Business Succession – including management and employee buyouts;
- Private Equity Investments– including passive angel investor investments and venture capital acquisitions involving the retention of management;
- Competition Law Matters – including merger approvals, and collusion and other anti-competition allegations and charges;
- Corporate Governance – including disputes and director liability issues; and
- General Contract Matters – including preparing, and providing advice in relation to, all manner of commercial contracts including purchase and sale agreements, supply, sale, distribution, licensing, leasing and manufacturing agreements.
It is a testament to the confidence others have in our abilities that many law firms from across Canada, the United States and other parts of the world have relied on our local experience when their clients require corporate/commercial legal work in British Columbia.