GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a junior Legal Administrative Assistant to join our growing Aboriginal Business practice group. The ideal candidate will have experience in corporate commercial business law. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- preparing and drafting various correspondence and documents;
- preparing document briefs as required;
- maintaining efficient file management and bring forward system;
- maintaining a full calendar, email management, and managing lawyers’ practice;
- liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers, and clients on file progress;
- communicating with travel agency regarding travel plans; and
- general administrative duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- graduate of an accredited legal administrative assistant program;
- at least 3 years of experience in a legal environment supporting a business solicitor, particularly in a corporate commercial practice;
- a self-motivated and proactive approach;
- strong technical skills, including proficiency with Word and Excel;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- the ability to handle stringent deadlines and the volume of a busy practice;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- a client-centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms and most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful,and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- health spending account;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after one year anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under the Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted