GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking an Accounting Clerk – Float to join our accounting group. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a professional office, preferably a law firm. This is a full-time, permanent position and is perfect for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- Floating within the accounting group and helping with:
- Bank reconciliations
- Journal entry posting
- Bill preparation and posting
- Trust transaction posting
- Disbursement postings
- File Opening & conflict searches
- Cash Receipts
- Accounts payable
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least 1 years of experience working in accounting, preferably a law firm;
- Accurate keyboarding skills;
- Basic accounting skills;
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and CMS/Aderant Accounting software;
- Excellent command of the English language, written and spoken, for accurate data entry and conflict searches;
- The ability to handle deadlines and volumes of tasks;
- Excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize daily demands and month-end deadlines;
- The ability to exercise sound judgment and adapt to changing demands;
- A client-centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- The ability to build rapport with the team and provide support to solicitors, legal administrative assistants and paralegals; and
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a large collegial team.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 100 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- health spending account;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after one year anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under the Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.