GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking an Accounting Trust Administrator to join our Accounting team. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a professional office, preferably a law firm. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- Coordinating with other trust team members to ensure trust transactions are processed accurately and within deadlines;
- responding to and following up with trust queries – internal and external;
- completing daily trust account reconciliations to ensure all funds are accounted for;
- complying with the firm’s strict guidelines and its established trust practices;
- working under the BC Law Society Rules and ensuring compliance;
- internal and external trust reporting; and
- assisting others on the accounting team with various ad hoc tasks and projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- at least 5 years of experience working in an industry with a high volume of financial transactions where attention to detail is critical and compliance with internal policies, internal procedures, external rules, and guidelines is of utmost importance;
- experience working in a law firm, bank, or financial institution an asset;
- the ability to process detailed payments and reconcile funds;
- a solid understanding of trust accounting processes an asset, including Law Society of BC Trust Rules and ensuring compliance;
- strong technical skills, and ability to grasp accounting software;
- flexible and positive attitude;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- exceptional attention to detail and sense of urgency under tight deadlines;
- self-starter and team player who is willing to assist others;
- the ability to work in a small team environment within the accounting team;
- a client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to communicate effectively with other firm members;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms and most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 100 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- health spending account;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after one year anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under the Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted