GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a highly organized Administrative Assistant to join our growing technology practice group. If you are a self-starter and motivated to take the initiative to get the job done then this is the role for you. This is a full time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- managing and maintaining schedules and appointments associated with a technology practice;
- proactively gathering, coordinating and/or preparing the necessary information, materials, presentations, reports, and resources for meetings and events;
- monitoring emails and drafting responses or handling accordingly;
- anticipating business and client service needs, demonstrating resourcefulness and critical thinking;
- reminding lawyers of important tasks and deadlines and maintaining an efficient file management and bring forward system;
- preparing and drafting various correspondence and documents;
- drafting engagement letters;
- booking travel, transport, accommodation and necessary materials needed;
- assisting with marketing and promotional matters such as intranet pages, podcasts, blogs and Youtube;
- processing monthly technology billing;
- creating and managing event and conferences including client lists, invites and registrations;
- liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers and clients on file progress; and
- general administrative duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- experience gained in a legal environment supporting a business solicitor, particularly in a technology practice group an asset or alternatively experience working in a technology startup company an asset;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and BC Online as well as the aptitude to learn new software programs;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- a client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms and most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- An annual education/tuition allowance
- Ongoing continuing education
- Health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal days to help balance outside commitments
- Employee assistance program
- Monetary incentive for employee referrals
- Casual day every Friday
- Plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events throughout the year
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about our Firm. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume and cover letter to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.