GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Our Aboriginal Business Law Group seeks a mid-level associate (minimum 2-3 years of call) to add to our busy, expanding team. The candidate will be dedicated to achieving results for clients in a creative, timely and responsive manner in a fast-paced environment. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated associate to join a dynamic team and participate in a meaningful and hands on way in some of BC’s most dynamic First Nations business law work.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Corporate and commercial solicitor skills:
- IBA agreement drafting;
- knowledge of real estate law, both on and off reserve;
- knowledge of private company law;
- knowledge of the duty to consult as it applies in First Nation business contexts;
- familiarity with JVs, Limited Partnerships, and Leases; and
- research skills.
We are also interested in hearing from mid-level to senior associates who may have less direct Aboriginal business law experience, but who have comparable experience in corporate-commercial law.
Candidates will also possess the following attributes:
- a client centered approach, with excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- the ability to handle the volume and inevitable quick deadlines of a busy practice;
- knowledge of First Nations caselaw;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, solve problems, and handle a high level of responsibility;
- strong analytical and drafting skills;
- entrepreneurial spirit with ambition to build a long term practice;
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a collegial team; and
- has cultural competency working with Indigenous people.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about Clark Wilson. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.