GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP’s Commercial Real Estate Group seeks an experienced mid-to-senior level Commercial Real Estate Associate (ideally 4-6 years of Call) with experience in commercial real estate transactions and mixed-use and multi-family development work. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wishes to be part of one of the Vancouver legal community’s premier commercial real estate groups. In addition to working with top tier clients shaping BC’s real estate industry, you will have the opportunity to work on interesting and challenging commercial real estate projects involving First Nations, Higher Learning institutions, syndications, seniors housing, health and transportation authorities, etc.
Key responsibilities for this role include drafting and providing legal advice on various real estate and commercial contracts as set out below.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- working on commercial real estate property development, including drafting disclosure statements and municipal agreements;
- assisting with financing arrangements for a variety of investment and development projects;
- Land Title Office filings, including those relating to subdivision and strata plan filings;
- drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements;
- drafting and negotiating partnership, co-ownership and joint venture agreements;
- negotiating and reviewing leasing arrangements;
- due diligence searching, analysis, reporting and problem solving; and
- structuring real estate acquisition, disposition and financing transactions.
We seek someone who is a solid team-player, genuinely passionate about real estate (and working closely with clients who are equally passionate about real estate!), keen to learn, and not afraid of creativity and innovation. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- the ability to handle the volume and inevitable quick deadlines of a busy practice;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, solve problems, and handle a high level of responsibility; and
- strong analytical and drafting skills.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about Clark Wilson. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.