Due to growth, our vibrant commercial real estate practice is seeking an experienced 4-10 year call associate to join our team. This is an opportunity to work on high-profile development projects with dynamic clients. This is an exciting time to be in commercial real estate development in BC, and we are at the center of the province’s top deals.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Drafting and providing legal advice on various real estate and commercial contracts;
- Negotiation and preparation of purchase and development agreements;
- Assisting with commercial real estate property development; and
- Assisting with financing arrangements in a variety of investment and development projects.
Additionally, candidates will also possess the following attributes:
- a client centered approach, with excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- the ability to handle the volume of a busy practice;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail; the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, solve problems, and handle a high level of responsibility;
- ability to keep senior lawyers apprised at all times;
- strong analytical and drafting skills;
- entrepreneurial spirit with ambition to build a long term practice and have an eye out for partnership; and
- the ability to work both independently, and as part of a large collegial team.