Our Family Law Group seeks a mid-level associate (minimum 4 years of call) to add to their busy, growing team. The candidate will be able to independently handle medium complexity family law files and to co-counsel family law files of considerable complexity often with corporate, trust and estate components. The candidate will be focused on achieving results for clients in a creative, timely and responsive manner in a fast-paced environment. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated associate to develop a vibrant practice in a dynamic and progressive firm.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Conducting applications, case conferences, trials and all facets of family law practice at the BC Provincial and Supreme court levels in relation to:
- asset and property division
- contested and uncontested divorce
- support and maintenance
- mediation and collaborative family law
- drafting legal documents, including pleadings, opinions, briefs and agreements;
- conducting legal research; and
- delegating to paralegals and legal assistants as required.
We are also interested in hearing from mid-level to senior associates who may have less direct family law experience, but who have comparable experience handling cases with complex, challenging client management issues, and who are enthusiastic to learn and focus their practice in Family Law.
Additionally, candidates will also possess the following attributes:
- a client centered approach, with excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- the ability to handle the volume and inevitable quick deadlines of a busy practice;
- knowledge of Family Law Rules as well as court proceedings and processes;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, solve problems, and handle a high level of responsibility;
- ability to keep senior lawyers apprised at all times;
- strong analytical and drafting skills;
- entrepreneurial spirit with ambition to build a long term practice; and
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a collegial team.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about Clark Wilson. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.