Due to growth, our group is seeking an associate at a 5-10 year call to work with our procurement group.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- general corporate / commercial experience
- experience drafting construction contracts and procurement documents for both private and public sector agencies
- experience working with a wide range of client procurement needs and exposure to P3 projects, private contractors and owners, strata, technology, universities and/ or health authorities will be an asset.
- ability to handle running the file from start to finish
- ability to adapt and be versatile in working with a variety of clients and contract sizes
Additionally, candidates will also possess the following attributes:
- a client centered approach, with excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- the ability to handle the volume of a busy practice;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail; the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, solve problems, and handle a high level of responsibility;
- ability to keep senior lawyers apprised at all times;
- strong analytical and drafting skills;
- entrepreneurial spirit with ambition to build a long term practice and have an eye out for partnership; and
- the ability to work both independently, and as part of a large collegial team.