GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Central Services Clerk to work with their Office Services team. The regular working hours for this role are Monday – Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm, with occasional overtime for evening events. Changes to this schedule may come up periodically as the needs of the firm arise. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
The Central Services role is an entry-level office clerk position that supports the entire firm with basic clerical duties. The role is busy and requires a high level of initiative and motivation to seek out and complete projects with other members of the team.
- Daily mail sorting and delivery;
- Arranging couriers;
- Photocopying and printing large projects for lawyers and practice groups;
- Responding to staff and lawyer requests for office supplies, furniture moves, etc.; and
- Maintaining stock for firm copy rooms, including lifting full boxes of paper up to 25lbs.
In addition, the successful candidate may provide occasional assistance and coverage in the following areas:
- Host Services; and
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of previous experience in a customer service role in a busy environment. The individual should possess the following attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Strong aptitude for technology and comfortable working with MS Office, Windows, and PCs;
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to a variety of internal clients;
- The ability to handle stringent deadlines and work with a large volume of tasks with interruptions and changing priorities;
- Excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- The ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and adapt to changing demands;
- Ability to build rapport with the team, and provide timely support to solicitors, legal administrative assistants, and paralegals; and
- The ability to work both independently, and as part of a large collegial team
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 100 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- health spending account;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after one year anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under the Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.