Clark Wilson LLP is seeking an intermediate Corporate Records Paralegal to join our Capital Markets, Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions Group. This is a full time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- BC, Federal and US Incorporations;
- BC, Federal and US Organizations;
- change in location of registered and records offices;
- managing elections, appointments and change of directors and officers;
- handling allotments, transfers, transmissions, redemptions, dissolutions and restoration of shares;
- alterations to authorize share structure and reorganization of companies;
- section 85/86, continuations, amalgamations, reorganizations, review of minute books and preparation of large transactions;
- society and non-profit name reservations and incorporations;
- good understanding of the BC Business Corporation Act;
- the ability to identify deficiencies and perform due diligence;
- liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers and clients on file progress; and
- general administrative duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- graduate of recognized Paralegal program or equivalent relevant experience;
- a minimum of 3 years of experience as a paralegal, working in the area of corporate records;
- knowledge of securities law and working with public companies an asset;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, ALF, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and BC Online;
- strong analytical and drafting skills, with the ability to identify potential legal issues;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- a client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation;
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demand; and
- the ability to work both independently, and as part of a large collegial team.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms and most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and approximately 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- An annual education/tuition allowance
- Ongoing continuing education
- Health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal days to help balance outside commitments
- Employee assistance program
- Monetary incentive for employee referrals
- Casual day every Friday
- Plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events throughout the year
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.