GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Docketing Clerk to join our growing Technology and Intellectual Property practice group. This is a full time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- reviewing and extracting pertinent information from various sources and inputting into the firm’s docketing software on a daily basis;
- preparing and distributing docket reports;
- maintaining docketing database;
- liaising with legal assistants and lawyers on bring forward dates; and
- general administrative duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 1-2 years of experience as a data entry or docketing clerk;
- experience in a in a legal environment preferred but not required, with experience in intellectual property being a significant asset;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- the ability to manage competing priorities within a high volume of tasks;
- the ability to build rapport with the team, and provide support to lawyers and legal administrative assistants;
- commitment to a client centered approach;
- a self-motivated, pro-active approach to work;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing requirements.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistant program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every friday; and
- plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about Clark Wilson. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.