GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant to join our commercial litigation practice group. This is a full time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- setting court dates, discoveries and communicating with registries;
- arranging court filings and applications;
- preparing and drafting various correspondence and documents, including court pleadings;
- maintaining an efficient file management and bring forward system;
- maintaining a full calendar, email management and managing lawyers’ practice;
- liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers and clients on file progress; and
- general administrative duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- graduate of an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program or relevant experience;
- a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a litigation Legal Administrative Assistant, working in the area of commercial and construction litigation an asset;
- solid understanding of BC civil litigation practices and procedures;
- very familiar with the BC Supreme Court Civil Rules;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and BC Online;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- a client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms and most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- An annual education/tuition allowance
- Ongoing continuing education
- Health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal days to help balance outside commitments
- Employee assistance program
- Monetary incentive for employee referrals
- Casual day every Friday
- Plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events throughout the year
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about our Firm. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume and cover letter to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.