GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a trade mark focused Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Intellectual Property practice group.
The firm’s trade-mark practice has grown significantly over the last decade, and is now one of the busiest in the city. It boasts an open and collegial approach to client service, top tier clients, and practitioners who have been lauded as being amongst the very best in Canada. To help meet continued growth, we are looking for an experienced trade-mark assistant or paralegal to join the team.
- preparing documents pertaining to trade-mark files, both for issuance to clients and for filing with CIPO;
- maintaining an efficient file management and bring forward system;
- managing stringent deadlines and the volume of a busy practice;
- building a rapport with the team, and providing support to solicitors, legal administrative assistants and paralegals; and
- general administrative duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated and enthusiastic and will possess skills, qualifications and experience that include the following:
- graduate of an accredited legal administrative assistant or relevant experience;
- a minimum of 2 years of experience in a legal environment supporting a business solicitor, particularly in the field of trade-marks (with preference to candidates who have longer experience);
- excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Adobe, and the CIPO e-filing process;
- a client- centered, pro-active approach with a commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands; and
- the ability to work both independently, and as part of a collegial team.
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- health and dental coverage;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms. Our firm is comprised of over 80 highly accomplished lawyers and approximately 130 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about Clark Wilson. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Human Resources Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. Though we thank all candidates for their submissions, please note that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.