GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
The Marketing and Communications Specialist is a key member of our Client Relations/Marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, confident individual to have direct influence over the external profile of our firm across multiple practice groups. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to manage differing needs within the organization while upholding the firm’s brand and marketing strategies. This position will manage projects within specific practice groups as well as the firm overall and will report to the Director of Client Relations.
- implement effective and authentic marketing concepts that support each lawyer’s practice objectives in alignment with their practice and/or industry group;
- craft clear and crisp copy for social media, press releases, website and intranet content, lawyer profiles, newsletters, articles, new hire announcements, fact sheets, deal summaries, and other communication pieces and manage their distribution over multiple channels both internally and externally;
- identify relevant and topical media opportunities and create compelling and timely pitches for editors, journalists, and online influencers;
- design engaging and creative business development materials to highlight firm and practice group-specific accomplishments;
- research, identify, and coordinate opportunities for speaking engagements, publishing, sponsorships, advertising, and collaboration with industry organizations;
- research and offer analysis on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and market trends;
- coordinate submissions to legal directories, awards, and ranking publications;
- manage lawyer and practice group activities;
- provide individual lawyers with social media assistance and advice; and
- collect and maintain representative matter/deal/client lists for use in brochures and proposals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
This is an ideal position for a person with exceptional writing skills and solid experience as a marketing professional. The following qualifications are also a requirement:
- post-secondary education in English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism coupled with three to five years of relevant experience;
- familiarity with all major social media platforms and how they are utilized in the B2B context;
- ability to write both short and crisp marketing copy as well as impactful and engaging proposals;
- strong writing, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills;
- demonstrated social and digital media knowledge and expertise;
- experience in intranet publishing, MailChimp email campaigns, WordPress editing and publishing, and Google Analytics;
- ability to identify communication channels for different types of content for maximum audience engagement;
- highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task while responding to changing priorities;
- ability to meet deadlines;
- ability to build credibility with multiple stakeholders and form strong collaborative relationships with team members; and
- ability to take initiative.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms and most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and approximately 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after one year anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under the Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.