GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
The Marketing and Communications Specialist is a key member of our Client Relations/Marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, confident individual to have direct influence over the external profile of our firm across multiple industries. The ideal candidate will have experience working within a creative, professional services environment and possesses an ability to manage differing needs within the organization, while upholding the firm’s brand and marketing strategies. This position reports to the Director of Client Relations and is part of a larger client relations team.
- Produce superior content for a variety of projects that contributes to business results
- Implement effective and creative concepts that support each lawyer’s practice objectives
- Craft clear and crisp copy for social media, press releases, website and intranet content, lawyer profiles, newsletters, articles, new hire announcements, fact sheets, deal summaries and other communication pieces
- Identify relevant and topical media opportunities and create compelling and timely pitches for editors, journalists and online influencers
- Create engaging business development materials to highlight firm and practice group-specific accomplishments
- Research and identify opportunities for speaking engagements, publishing, sponsorships and advertising
- Research and offer analysis on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity and market trends
- Coordinate firm submissions to legal directories, awards and ranking publications
- Provide individual lawyers with social media assistance and advice
- Assist Human Resources with recruitment through social media platforms
- Collect and maintain representative matter/deal/client lists for use in brochures and proposals
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
This is an ideal position for a person with exceptional writing skills, solid experience as a marketing professional, and tons of initiative and drive. The following qualifications are also a requirement:
- Ability to write both short and crisp marketing copy as well as impactful and engaging proposals
- Strong writing, grammar, punctuation and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated social and digital media knowledge and expertise
- Ability to identify communication channels for different types of content for maximum audience engagement
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task while responding to changing priorities
- Ability to adhere to meet deadlines
- Able to build credibility with Partners and Associates and form strong collaborative relationships with other team members and staff
- Self- starter with a sense of humor
Qualifications also include post-secondary education in English, communications, public relations, marketing or journalism, coupled with three to five years’ relevant experience. Familiarity with all major social media platforms and how they are utilized in the B2B context is a requirement.
Clark Wilson is a regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms and most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- An annual education/tuition allowance
- Ongoing continuing education
- Health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal days to help balance outside commitments
- Employee assistance program
- Monetary incentive for employee referrals
- Casual day every Friday
- Plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events throughout the year
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about our Firm. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume and cover letter to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions; however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.