GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
The Marketing & Communications Specialist is a member of the Client Relations team primarily responsible for raising the firm’s external profile and working with the Director of Client Relations to support practice and industry group business development.
- Craft clear and crisp copy for social media, press releases, website and intranet content, newsletters, articles, new hire announcements, fact sheets, deal summaries and other communication pieces.
- Identify relevant and topical media opportunities and create compelling and timely pitches for editors, journalists and online influencers.
- Create engaging business development materials to highlight firm and practice group-specific accomplishments.
- Research and identify opportunities for speaking engagements, publishing, sponsorships and advertising.
- Research and offer analysis on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity and market trends.
- Coordinate firm submissions to legal directories, awards and ranking publications.
- Provide individual lawyers with social media assistance and advice.
- Assist Human Resources with recruitment through social media platforms.
- Collect and maintain representative matter/deal/client lists for use in brochures and proposals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
This is an ideal position for a person with exceptional writing skills, solid experience as a marketing professional and tons of initiative and drive allowing you to take your career to the next level. The following qualifications are also a requirement:
- Thorough knowledge of marketing and communication principles.
- Ability to write both short and crisp marketing copy as well as impactful and engaging proposals.
- Strong understanding of communication channels available, including social media.
- Strong writing, grammar, punctuation and proofreading skills.
- Ability to identify communication channels for different types of content for maximum audience reach and engagement.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task while responding to changing priorities.
- Able to build credibility with Partners and Associates and form strong collaborative relationships with other team members and staff.
Your qualifications also include post-secondary education in English, communications, public relations, marketing or journalism, coupled with a minimum of five years’ relevant experience. Familiarity with all major social media platforms and how they are utilized in the B2B context is a requirement.
Clark Wilson is a thriving and collegial regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms. Our firm is comprised of 80 highly accomplished lawyers and 130 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- health and dental coverage;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about our Firm. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume and cover letter to Sherri Fostvelt, Human Resources Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.