GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Commercial Real Estate Paralegal to join our commercial real estate practice group for a one year maternity leave coverage. This position is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- managing commercial real estate property transactions from start to finish;
- the ability to confidently execute and review due diligence searches, including Land Title and BC Corporate Registry searches that involve complex corporate structures;
- experience with commercial lending transactions an asset;
- solid understanding of BC land title registration requirements;
- familiarity and understanding of trust accounting principles; and
- the ability to manage a variety of incoming requests and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- graduate of a recognized Paralegal program;
- a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Paralegal working in a legal environment, particularly in the area of commercial real estate transactions, including commercial and industrial land development;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and BC Online;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- a client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and approximately 140 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistant program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about Clark Wilson. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.