GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Professional Development Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Professional Development, the Professional Development Coordinator plays a critical role supporting our Student and Associate programs. The position is ideal for someone who loves working closely with and supporting ambitious professionals at all stages of their career cycle.
- Coordinate start-to-end logistics for student recruitment, including receiving and screening applications, corresponding with students, managing OCI and in-firm interview schedules, and supporting the interview team.
- Liaise with law schools and manage the logistics for all aspects of law school outreach, including career fairs, firm tours, law school events, and sponsorship.
- Assisting with Law Society policies and procedures compliance, including making sure documents are completed and submitted appropriately and fees are paid on behalf of students.
- Support the Clark Wilson summer and articling student programs, including:
- acting as a main point of contact for students;
- with direction from the Director of Professional Development, planning and coordinating student orientation;
- creating and maintaining the student rotation schedule;
- administering the student performance evaluation process;
- coordinating learning programs and social events;
- with guidance from the Director of Professional Development, coordinating the student mentoring program;
- supporting the Student Partner and Reporting Partners in the hireback process; and
- coordinating call celebrations.
- Support new associates’ transition from articles, including coordinating associate orientation.
- Support lateral recruitment orientation.
- Administer and support the associate performance evaluation processes.
- Coordinate the CW development and learning programs.
- Provide general administrative support to the Director of Professional Development, Student Recruiting Committee, Reporting Partners and Student Partner.
- Manage the Professional Development intranet site, including the PD Calendar.
- Assist with the coordination of CW learning programs for staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Post- secondary education in administration or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a law firm or other professional services environment with experience in Human Resources or Student Recruiting an asset.
- Solid technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and experience with viDesktop an asset.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to communicate with a variety of people in differing circumstances.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities.
- A client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service.
- The ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines.
- The ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistant program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about Clark Wilson. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.