GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson is seeking an experienced Receptionist to join our firm. This is a full time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported. The hours of work will be 10:00 am to 6:00 pm – perfect for hitting the gym or your favourite coffee shop before the work day starts.
- maintaining the attendance calendar;
- maintaining the boardroom schedule using Meeting Room Manager database;
- arranging catering for meetings and functions and working closely with the host services team to ensure all meetings run smoothly;
- booking travel arrangements (flights, hotels etc.) for lawyers and clients;
- receiving documents and arranging for their immediate delivery to the persons designated;
- arranging for documents to be properly accepted for service by the responsible lawyer;
- greeting service personnel and salesmen and directing them to the appropriate person;
- maintaining neatness of the reception area and client center;
- reporting heating, air-conditioning, lighting, telephone problems, etc. to the office manager or the building maintenance personnel;
- advising clients of exit procedures in the event of emergencies;
- performing title and corporate searches on MyLTSA and BCOnline;
- maintaining the firm’s Cisco IP phone system and providing support and training to users on the operation of the phones;
- resolving technical phone problems by working closely with our systems department; and
- providing administrative support as needed to various departments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated and enthusiastic and will possess skills, qualifications and experience that include the following:
- a client- centered approach with a commitment to providing outstanding service;
- a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an administrative or similar role;
- excellent communication skills;
- exceptional organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Adobe;
- previous experience working in a law firm an asset; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- health and dental coverage;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals; and
- plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms. Our firm is comprised of over 80 highly accomplished lawyers and approximately 130 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about Clark Wilson. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Human Resources Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. Though we thank all candidates for their submissions, please note that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.