GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson is seeking an experienced Receptionist to join our firm. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported. The hours of work will be 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
- welcoming clients and guests to the firm in a warm, friendly, customer service-oriented approach;
- answering incoming calls on the Cisco switchboard and directing calls to the appropriate party;
- maintaining the attendance calendar;
- maintaining the boardroom and catering schedule;
- arranging catering for meetings and functions and working closely with the Host Services team to ensure all meetings run smoothly;
- booking travel arrangements (flights, hotels, etc.) for lawyers and clients;
- arranging for documents to be properly accepted for service by the responsible lawyer;
- greeting service personnel and salesmen and directing them to the appropriate person;
- maintaining neatness of the reception area and client center;
- reporting heating, air-conditioning, lighting, telephone problems, etc. to the Office Manager or the building maintenance personnel;
- advising clients of exit procedures in the event of emergencies;
- performing title and corporate searches on MyLTSA and BCOnline;
- supporting ongoing clerical projects for other departments in the firm;
- maintaining the firm’s Cisco IP phone system and providing support and training to users on the operation of the phones;
- resolving technical phone problems by working closely with our systems department; and
- providing administrative support as needed to various departments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- a client-centered approach with a commitment to providing outstanding service;
- a minimum of 1-2 years’ of switchboard and administrative experience or similar role;
- excellent communication skills;
- exceptional organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Adobe;
- previous experience working with a Cisco phone system an asset; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms and most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- health spending account;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after one year anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under the Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted