At Clark Wilson the health and safety of our employees, our clients and our community is our top priority. As we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic together, we want to ensure that people feel safe being in the office and are informed with respect to our safety plan, actions and guidelines.
Limiting Exposure and Minimizing the Risk
Our management team meets regularly to assess our action plan, develop policies and make changes as required to ensure we are in compliance with current guidelines. The following measures have been put in place at Clark Wilson.
Maintaining a physical distance
- We have staggered our return to work plan over multiple phases.
- The majority of our personnel continue to work remotely and less than half of our workforce is currently in the office.
- For those in the office, we have implemented social distancing in all areas of the firm. Areas where people gather, such as boardrooms, lunch rooms, kitchens and copy rooms have been identified and marked with social queue signage and have extra cleaning supplies available at all times.
- We have posted maximum capacity signage in all meeting rooms and chairs have been removed.
- In areas where distancing is more challenging:
- Personnel have been relocated to different floors
- Plexi shields have been installed where appropriate
- Work schedules have been staggered
- Access to the firm has been restricted, with no-contact greetings and courier services.
Cleaning and Hygiene
- Hi-touch contact areas, such as door knobs, button panels, touch screens, etc. are being cleaned regularly by dedicated staff throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizers and handwashing areas are placed strategically throughout the firm.
- Masks and hand sanitizers have been given to all personnel and education has been provided on the proper use of PPE.
- Shared utensils in our kitchens and boardrooms have been removed.
- We have provided education on the proper use of PPE and cleaning practices.
- OFAs have been provided with specialized training and PPE to deal with first aid emergencies.
Screening prior to entering the Office
- All personnel and visitors are asked to screen for symptoms prior to coming to the office by confirming:
- They have not travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
- They are not experiencing any cold, flu or COVID-19-like symptoms
- Symptoms may include, but are not limited to: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite.
- They have no reason to believe they have been exposed to COVID-19 and have not been in contact with anyone who meets the above criteria.
- They confirm their temperature is within range using our no-touch temperature scanners placed on each floor
- If these cannot be confirmed, we are unable to welcome these individuals to our offices at this time. We have remote working and meeting technology available for all personnel and visitors.
- For the purposes of contact tracing, we log all visitors and personnel daily with the answers to the above questions.
- A one page document containing the above information is circulated to all guests prior to entering the office.
Arriving at the office
- The landlord, Cadillac Fairview, requires all building occupants to wear a non-medical mask or face covering before entering the tower, while walking in the lobby areas, and while riding in an elevator.
- We require all personnel and guests to wear masks in our premises in all common areas including hallways, kitchens, lobbies, washrooms, etc. If a mask cannot be worn for a medical reason, a face shield is required. Anyone who is unable to wear a mask or face shield is welcome to work or visit us remotely, and we have technology in place to facilitate this.
- Clark Wilson’s main reception area is open for pre-arranged appointments only.
- Guests are required to sign in and check temperatures with Reception upon arrival.
- In the building lobby, there is a queue system with clear signage to indicate where to line-up to access the elevators.
- Only 4 people at a time are permitted to ride in an elevator.
- All personnel and guests are asked to maintain social distancing measures (at least 2m) at all times. Boardroom capacities are limited and signage and floor markers are in place throughout the premises to support these social distancing measures.
- There is a separate washroom facility for guests.
- There are no catering or refreshment services at this time.
Communication Plans and Policies in Place
We are following the guidelines of our Provincial Health Authorities designed to keep our people and our broader communities safe. Within those guidelines we will ensure that we are operating in a way that protects the health and safety of our people, our clients and our service community. It is our current plan to allow people to return to the office in multiple phases to ensure that we have the appropriate measures and protocols in place. Each phase will be carefully planned and executed and employee safety will be paramount. A comprehensive FAQ was created to communicate these plans internally and contains topics such as social distancing, isolation protocols, sick leaves, and other information specific to employment. All our COVID resources are posted on our firm intranet, and are updated on an ongoing basis as new information becomes available. In addition, firm wide emails are sent on a regular basis to advise of any changes in protocols.