The strength and value of a business lies in its people—the ideas they develop, the products they create and the services they provide. This principle underpins Andrew’s drive to develop solutions to address our clients’ workplace and intellectual property issues.
Athletic apparel company
- Drafted and negotiated complete set of employment agreements for our client’s employees, ranging from senior executives to administrative staff. New agreements allowed our client to define its workplace culture, clarify complicated compensation structure and clarify employee entitlements on termination
- Provided comprehensive opinion on privacy rights in the context of monitoring employee social media. Opinion allowed our client to develop policies to balance employee privacy rights with security and safety concerns
- Advised various vendors and purchasers on employment and labour law issues arising during transactions. Provided timely and concise advice relating to employment and labour law issues to allow our clients to conduct due diligence, manage risk and negotiate favorable terms
Andrew shares our clients’ commitment to advancing and protecting their business interests, helping them resolve the issues that impact some of their most valued resources—the information, intellectual property and people that are at the core of their business.
|Ongoing labour and employment advice||Wrongful or constructive dismissal claims|
|Employment standards||HR Policies|
|Terminations and severance||Contractual review|
|Executive compensation||Human rights|
|Workers’ compensation||Labour board and labour arbitration proceedings|
|Copyright and trademark infringements||Protections of confidential information|
Andrew’s top priority is finding practical solutions and minimizing risk for our clients. With his background in creative arts, Andrew understands the benefit of being resourceful when problem-solving. He is proactive in both his advisory and advocacy roles, keeping in regular communication with clients, collaborating to develop strategies that suit their needs and identifying and solving legal issues before they become business problems.
Because litigation can be stressful and time consuming, Andrew helps clients avoid it when appropriate, but confront it when necessary with rigorous preparation, vigor and tenacity. This informs Andrew’s approach to helping businesses not only protect their people and ideas but also continue creating, contributing and moving forward.
Awards & Distinctions
- David Percy Award for Excellence in Student Leadership, 2013
- Kelly Jenkins Memorial Award for Student Involvement, 2013
- Honourable Constantine Kosowan Award for Leadership, 2012