Experience and creativity are vital to a company’s growth. Having practiced law for over 30 years, Brock anticipates issues, identifies opportunities and develops effective solutions that support our clients’ business.
Musqueam Capital Corp. and MST (Jericho 2016) Limited Partnership
- Advice regarding real estate and development issues with respect to the Block F project on the University Endowment Lands and the Province Jericho Lands
- General advice on other real estate assets, asset and property management issues, corporate matters and commercial contracts
Orgaworld Canada Ltd.
- Successful bid on the Surrey Biofuel Processing Facility
- Assisting with proposals for various initiatives in BC and Alberta
Institutions of higher learning
- Including, over the years, BCIT, UBC, SFU, University of the Fraser Valley, Vancouver Island University, UNBC and Royal Road University
- Advice to numerous institutions of higher learning on acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, financing of projects, property trusts, relationships with student union and other matters
Brock identifies opportunities and challenges and distills complex issues into constructive solutions. He works in collaboration with clients to formulate contractual agreements that protect their interests and bring their goals to fruition.
|Commercial real estate||Procurement and construction|
|Purchase and sale of businesses||Public-private partnerships|
|Advising the advanced education sector and First Nations on real estate and commercial issues||Commercial lending for borrowers and lenders, including senior secured, mezzanine, project and-asset backed lending facilities|
|Joint ventures and business combinations|
For his work, Brock has been Lexpert-ranked in infrastructure and property leasing and is Best Lawyers-ranked for commercial real estate.
As a member of industry organizations, Brock is exposed to the issues that affect clients from a business perspective. This insight positions him on the leading edge of industry trends, including:
- Working with First Nations on commercial ventures, including the development of real estate assets
- Involvement with BC’s first public-private partnerships
- Helping universities and other publicly funded organizations develop property trusts
It is Brock’s passion to work on commercial projects that achieve public interest objectives—helping clients in their pursuits to build and improve the community and the province of BC.
Awards & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Real Estate Law
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, Repeatedly recommended, 2014/2019/2020