Listen carefully to the clients, learn thoroughly what they need and then get it done effectively and efficiently. This simple but too often overlooked principle underlies all aspects of Glen’s practice. He embodies that powerful mix of preparation, determination and timing needed to produce successful results for clients both in and out of the courtroom.
Property and casualty insurers
- Resolved multi-party construction defects and resulting damage insurance claim worth over $20 million
- Represented insured ski hill rack manufacturer in a case involving a young skier with severe brain and other bodily injuries
- Represented liability insurer in multi-million dollar policy coverage lawsuit involving nursery supplying wrong plant type for customers’ farm crops
Design professionals and manufacturers and building contractors
- Represented a major international structural support cable manufacturer in a multi-million dollar debt and cost overrun lawsuit and countersuit
- Resolved multi-party lawsuit involving large landslide in residential development
- Resolving multi-million dollar claims for extras and changes on road construction and infrastructure projects
Insurance companies and their insureds
- Coverage analysis of commercial general liability, property, builders risk, errors and omissions policies
- Pursued contribution and indemnity coverage from other insurers
- Defending insureds wide variety of claims including construction contractors and subtrades, design professionals, manufacturers and distributors
Glen is a voice of strength for our clients, promoting and protecting their interests throughout the complexities and difficulties of litigation.
|Insurance coverage analysis of commercial general liability, property, builders risk, errors and omissions, and automobile liability and accident benefits policies||Defending insurers and insureds|
|Pursuing subrogated claims||Construction and manufacturing contract disputes|
|Construction delays and cost overruns||Construction and manufacturing deficiencies|
Whether it is a business owner, officer, manager, designer, builder, manufacturer, insurance examiner, or in-house counsel, Glen tailors his service to make that person’s job easier, help achieve their legal objectives and benefit the overall organization.
Whether in court or in negotiations, Glen is a powerful advocate for our clients. He is open to exchanging ideas and working with the other parties all while protecting and advancing our clients’ interests. He understands the risk and reward zones for each party and uses this knowledge to achieve the terms most favourable to our clients.
Glen has the experience and intuition to advance arguments gently when appropriate and tenaciously when required.
As a contributor to his field, Glen writes for various publications and speaks at industry events, educating the greater public and our clients to help them learn the law and how it affects them. For example. Glen:
- Gave a talk to Construction Specification Canada members on design professional liability
- Presented a seminar on Understanding Construction Bonds at Buildex Vancouver
- Presented on Annual Year in Review for British Columbia Insurance Institute
Glen recognizes that when facing litigation, people are at important and sometimes foreign crossroads. His strength of character and resolve are welcomed constants for people facing litigation. Glen cares about what is truly best for our clients, and his focus is always on obtaining the best possible result to protect their business and livelihoods.Download PDF