“No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.” It was Voltaire who said this. And it is a principle and approach that Shauna carries into all of her work. She has a curiosity that drives her to truly understand a client’s business and to help move it forward with solutions that deliver results.
She is enthusiastic about working with companies that share this passion for progress.
Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust
- Negotiated purchase agreements, conducted due diligence process, negotiated acquisition financing documents and completed the acquisition of over $184,110,000 worth of industrial properties in 2012 and over $130,000,000 in 2013
Sunstone Realty Advisors
- Established various BC-based REITs and helped them acquire portfolios of revenue-producing properties throughout BC and Canada in excess of $310,000,000
Vancouver Airport Authority
- Negotiated letter of intent and purchase agreement, conducted due diligence process, negotiated acquisition financing documents and completed the acquisition of key interests in Sea Island cargo facilities for Vancouver Airport Property Management LLP from Huntingdon Capital Corp. in a deal worth $39,500,000
Shauna helps clients grow and achieve their business goals by securing the spaces where they conduct business and doing the legal work related to obtaining the funding that allows them to do so.
|Buy, sell, lease and finance all types of commercial real estate||Negotiate purchase and sale agreements|
|Negotiate ongoing deal points commencing with due diligence processes through to completion of a purchase or sale||Negotiate loan commitments and financing documents|
|Create and maintain limited partnership, joint venture and trust structures||Create, maintain and advise mortgage investment corporations and mortgage investment trusts|
|Raise equity for a variety of real estate investment and development projects through various structures||Identify and comply with securities legislation, rules and regulations applicable to raising equity from investors to invest in real estate|
With an industrious and ambitious approach, Shauna loves the rush of solving difficult problems and finding resourceful solutions to help companies maximize opportunities. She respects our clients as the creative risk-takers and dynamic innovators who built this province into the burgeoning global hub it is today. To her, success means helping our clients advance and achieve their business goals.
Entrepreneurialism has always been in Shauna’s family. Her grandparents owned and operated a movie theatre in Princeton, BC and later established the first cable television provider in Hope, BC. Her parents also owned and operated a bakery business when she was growing up on Vancouver Island.
Watching her grandparents and parents work tirelessly at their businesses instilled in Shauna the values of hard work, client service, curiosity and ambition. It is these values that drive her ability to help clients grow their businesses and create success.
Awards & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Real Estate Law, 2019
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Real Estate Law, 2018