Paying close attention to detail, doing the hard work upfront and focusing on practical solutions are Tanner’s guiding principles for helping our clients through the complexities of litigation and overcoming the issues that affect where people live and work.
Residential strata corporation
- Represented large residential strata corporation at trial in Provincial Court of claim regarding repair and maintenance of common property
National insurance company
- Assisted counsel at trial in Supreme Court of claim regarding property damage coverage
Various strata corporations
- Negotiated claims for payment of arrears of strata fees, special levies, fines and insurance deductible chargebacks through settlement conferences and mediations
Tanner has represented clients and assisted senior counsel at mediations and settlement conferences, as well as in matters before the Provincial and Supreme Courts of British Columbia.
|Civil litigation matters||Contract disputes|
|Collections||Disputes involving strata corporations and owners|
Whether drafting bylaws for strata corporations or helping a company to negotiate a contract dispute, Tanner’s goal is always to protect our clients’ interests by strengthening their strata communities and supporting their businesses.
Tanner recognizes that people are at an important and often tumultuous crossroads in their lives when facing litigation. His commitment to service is a welcome constant for our clients as Tanner helps them to overcome legal challenges and return to their regular lives and work.
Awards & Distinctions
- Richard Campbell Memorial Scholarship
- Davis LLP Prize in First Nations Law