The contemporary real estate marketplace is changing. Not only are property investors bringing fresh ideas and diverse requirements to each transaction, deals are becoming ever more complex. In this highly competitive and evolving industry, having counsel with proven industry experience is essential.
Widely recognized among British Columbia industry leaders as the first choice for handling real estate transactions, we have acted on more large real estate deals in the last decade than any other law firm in Vancouver, according to Business in Vancouver.
Musqueam Indian Band, Squamish Nation and Tsleil-Waututh Nation (MST Partnership)
- $480 million purchase of the Provincial Jericho Lands
Vancouver Coastal Health
- $300+ million sale of the Pearson Dogwood Lands on Cambie Street in Vancouver
Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust
- Acquisition of a 10-property industrial portfolio in the US valued at US $205M
Relied on by major players in both the public and private sectors, we help our clients navigate the complexities of the markets in which they operate. We are proud to have been involved in numerous landmark real estate finance, private equity and development transactions.
- Raising capital and structuring ownership vehicles
- From simple corporations, joint ventures, bare trusts to limited partnerships to publicly traded REITS
- Buying and selling development lands, income properties and real estate based operating businesses such as hotels and seniors housing
- Residential, mixed-use, retail, office, industrial, land and master planned communities
- First Nations
To ensure our clients benefit from a truly integrated multidisciplinary approach we draw upon the expertise of lawyers in the firm’s many complementary practice areas, including corporate, environmental, financial services, First Nations, infrastructure and construction, litigation and dispute resolution, municipal and regulatory, private company transactions, securities, strata property and tax.
Our clients choose us because they know we understand their objectives and offer them the innovation, experience, technical expertise and clarity of advice to get their deals done efficiently and effectively.
Forward-thinking in our approach, we combine key sector knowledge and outstanding technical ability to ensure our clients receive the best possible support and legal guidance. We take pride in our ability to deliver complex deals throughout the entire lifecycle of a project, from the property’s initial acquisition, development, leasing and financing through to the final success.