Our Venture Capital & Emerging Company Services group works with entrepreneurs, start-ups and technology companies through all stages of their business life-cycle, from creation to exit, providing initial structuring advice, ongoing operational advice and transactional services that grow and protect our clients’ technology and businesses.
BC-based legal case management software company
- US$6 million Series B venture capital financing
Life sciences companies
- Various private placement financings (convertible debt and equity)
- Licensing transactions
Personalized magazine ipad app provider
- Acquisition by major media company
For many start-up and technology companies, raising capital can be the most difficult challenge. Our comprehensive experience representing private companies seeking to structure and raise venture capital allows us to devise creative corporate financing solutions. Further, our rich history in the financing market and our deep industry connections, both locally and abroad, provide our clients with access to a variety of sources of funding that sustain and grow their business in the global market.
- Corporate structuring and cross-border M&A transactions
- Initial public offerings, reverse take-overs and stock exchange listings
- Equity and debt financing transactions
- Buyouts, acquisitions, investments, divestitures and other monetization events
- Purchases and sales of assets, technology and businesses
- Intellectual property strategies, including patent, copyright, trademark and trade secret protection
- Corporate governance and employment matters
- Designing compensation structures and equity incentive plans
- Commercial agreements in various sectors including health care, life sciences, clean tech, payment processing, financial services, cloud computing, IT outsourcing, digital media, social media, software gaming, SaaS, wireless and telecom
Our team has significant expertise and experience helping private and public companies raise equity and debt capital. Members of our group are qualified to practice law in several jurisdictions and on federal matters across the United States. We regularly assist clients in the negotiation, structuring and implementation of cross-border investments, and we work extensively with all types of business entities and transaction structures.