Associate – Commercial Real Estate
Our Commercial Real Estate Group seeks an experienced associate with 3-7 years of experience to add to our busy team. The candidate will be focused on achieving results for clients in a creative, timely and responsive manner in a fast paced environment. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated associate to develop a vibrant practice in a dynamic and progressive firm. Key responsibilities for this role include drafting and providing legal advice on various real estate and commercial contracts as set out below.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- negotiating and reviewing leasing arrangements;
- due diligence searching, analysis, reporting and problem solving;
- structuring real estate acquisition, disposition and financing transactions;
- assisting with commercial real estate property development;
- assisting with financing arrangements for a variety of investment and development projects;
- drafting and negotiating partnership, co-ownership and joint venture agreements; and
- drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements.
Additionally, candidates will also possess the following attributes:
- a client centered approach, with excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- the ability to handle the volume and inevitable quick deadlines of a busy practice;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, solve problems, and handle a high level of responsibility;
- ability to keep senior lawyers apprised at all times;
- strong analytical and drafting skills;
- entrepreneurial spirit with ambition to build a long term practice and have an eye out for partnership; and
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a collegial team.
If you are interested in speaking to someone about this role, please contact Sherri Fostvelt, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.643.3170. Otherwise click Apply Now below.