GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Our Private Company Transactions (PCT) practice provides advice on mergers, acquisitions and other significant corporate transactions to private companies of all sizes and various industries, with a particularly strong and successful transactions track record in the mid-market – M&A transactions in the $10 million to $100 million range. The group is seeking an experienced associate with 3-6 years of experience in private company M&A and corporate commercial practice. The role will include: structuring acquisition and ownership arrangements; negotiating and drafting confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, offers to purchase and other transaction-related commercial agreements; and assisting with post-closing and tradition matters including holdback, adjustments and set-off arrangements.
The ideal candidate will have the following core competencies:
- Experience in running transactions from start to finish, including negotiating LOIs and NDAs;
- Drafting and negotiation Asset Purchase Agreements and Share Purchase Agreements;
- Preparation of ancillary documentation;
- Clear understanding of undertakings and dealing with cash and trust accounts; and
- Experience in leasing, IP, bank financing and a general understanding of employment law would be an asset.
- A client-centered approach, with excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- The ability to handle the volume of a busy practice;
- Excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- The ability to exercise sound judgement, discretion, confidentiality, solve problems, and handle a high level of responsibility;
- The ability to keep senior lawyers appraised at all times;
- Strong analytical and drafting skills;
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ambition to build a long term practice and have an eye out for partnership; and
- The ability to work both independently, and as part of a large collegial team.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about Clark Wilson. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.