GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Human Resources team. This is a permanent, full-time position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported. This role is a perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to develop his or her human resources and administrative skills in a positive and supportive team environment.
- Providing administrative assistance to the Director of Human Resources and HR team as follows:
- maintaining employee information in HRIS platform;
- managing vacation, overtime and float coverage requests;
- assisting with the full employee life cycle from onboarding to offboarding including, but not limited to:
- scheduling orientations
- scheduling performance review meetings
- processing salary increases
- tracking status changes
- scheduling exit interviews
- assisting with performance management related duties including, coordinating performance review meetings, communicating with payroll regarding salary increases and updating all HRIS information as required;
- taking an active role in the organization of all HR sponsored social events;
- filing and data entry in HR systems, and generally assisting with the day to day operation of the HR department;
- ensuring all confidential employee information and files are maintained in accordance with our standards and are compliant with applicable laws; and
- general administrative duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- graduate of an accredited Human Resources or Administrative Assistant program or relevant experience is an asset;
- a minimum of 2 years of experience as an administrative assistant, working in the area of Human Resources;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe,
- experience working in an HRIS platform such as BambooHR;
- possess the ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- a client-centred approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and Best Lawyers® Canada for professional excellence.
Clark Wilson is proud to be recognized as a Best Workplace™ in both British Columbia and Canada, as well as the following distinct categories–
- Best Workplace™ for Professional Services
- Best Workplace™ for Women in the Workplace
- Best Workplace™ for Mental Wellness
- Best Workplace™ for Giving Back
Our firm is comprised of over 100 highly accomplished lawyers and 160 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- health spending account;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after one year anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under the Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted