GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Payroll Clerk to join our Accounting and Human Resources teams. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- Support the Head of Payroll in processing timely, accurate Canadian payroll and benefits administration for 280 employees and partners;
- Drafting and preparing reports;
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of salaries/wages and incentive payments;
- Perform financial controls according to established and agreed procedures, escalating issues appropriately and promptly;
- Ensuring processes adhere to regulatory and compliance requirements;
- Work effectively with the team to provide solutions and follow-up when required;
- Respond to payroll inquiries in a timely manner;
- Process of Records of Employment; T4’s and other payroll documents;
- Complete posting and reconciliation of payroll general ledger accounts;
- Maintaining complete confidentiality with regard to payroll information; and
- Reporting to relevant government agencies regarding taxation, EI, CPP, EHT, and Worksafe BC.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience in a professional services firm an asset;
- 2 – 3 years of experience in payroll processing;
- Good understanding of Provincial ESA legislation (and a desire to remain current);
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel;
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP)(completed or in progress);
- Problem solver, number cruncher, process-oriented and logical;
- Excellent time management and communication skills; and
- Experience working with payroll software, ideally Payworks.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and Best Lawyers® Canada for professional excellence.
Clark Wilson is proud to be recognized as a Best Workplace™ in both British Columbia and Canada, as well as the following distinct categories–
- Best Workplace™ for Professional Services
- Best Workplace™ for Women in the Workplace
- Best Workplace™ for Mental Wellness
- Best Workplace™ for Giving Back
Our firm is comprised of over 100 highly accomplished lawyers and 160 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- health spending account;
- maternity and parental leave top-up;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after first anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under the Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website to find out more about Clark Wilson (www.cwilson.com). You can apply for this position here or by directing your resume to Tiej Dapp, Manager of Legal Support Services and Staff Recruitment.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted