GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Commercial Lending practice group. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- assisting in the preparation and compilation of documents pertaining to lending transactions;
- conducting PPSA searches;
- maintaining efficient file management and bring forward system;
- managing stringent deadlines and the volume of a busy practice;
- preparing monthly accounts;
- providing support to solicitors and paralegals as required; and
- general administrative duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and will possess skills, qualifications, and experience that include the following:
- graduate of an accredited legal administrative assistant program;
- At least 2 years of experience in a legal environment supporting a business solicitor, particularly in a commercial lending practice;
- recent experience in corporate financing an asset;
- experience conducting LTO and PPSA searches;
- strong technical skills, including proficiency with Outlook, Word, Adobe, Excel, and E-Document filing procedures;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- a client-centered, pro-active approach with a commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands;
- the ability to work both independently, and as part of a collegial team;
- the ability to handle stringent deadlines and the volume of a busy practice;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- the ability to manage a variety of incoming requests and prioritize the workload to meet
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a collegial team.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and Best Lawyers® Canada for professional excellence. Clark Wilson is certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada and recognized as one of Canada’s 2021 Best Workplaces, 2021 Best Workplaces for Women, 2021 Best Workplaces for Mental Health, and 2021 Best Workplaces for Professional Services.
Our firm is comprised of over 100 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- health spending account;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after one year anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under the Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.