GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our growing Family Law practice group. This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- setting court dates, mediations, discoveries, hearings and communicating with registries;
- arranging court filings and applications;
- tracking court dates and limitation dates;
- preparing and drafting various correspondence and documents, including court pleadings;
- assisting with the preparation of court applications, trial briefs and JCC memos;
- assembly of application records, case authorities, trial exhibits and corresponding indexes,
- maintaining an efficient file management and bring forward system;
- maintaining a full calendar, email management and managing lawyers’ practice;
- monthly billing;
- liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, opposing counsel and clients on file progress; and
- general administrative duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- graduate of an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program or relevant experience;
- a minimum of 3 years of experience as Legal Assistant, working in the area of Family Law;
- experience arranging court filings and applications;
- the ability to interpret instructions and draft required documentation, including court pleadings;
- familiarity with the family law registry, both provincial and supreme;
- experience with the alternate dispute resolution process an asset;
- understanding of BC civil litigation practices and procedures, with an emphasis on family law;
- familiarity with BC Supreme Court Civil Rules and BC Supreme Court Family Rules;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Divorce Mate, Adobe, and BC Online;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- the ability to work within a team environment;
- a client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistant program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about Clark Wilson. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.