GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Legal Content Writer to join our Client Relations group, working on a remote basis. This is a part-time, three-month contract position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere where growth, professional development, and teamwork are supported.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a professional services environment and has an aptitude for research and summarizing complex concepts into accessible information for the public. This position reports to the Director of Client Relations.
- Review legal decisions and draft case briefs summaries for an external audience
- Research and identify cases and topics that would be of interest to business leaders, owners and other legal professionals
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
This is an ideal position for a person with exceptional writing and copy editing abilities, experience working in a legal environment, and meticulous research skills. The following qualifications are also a requirement:
- Post-secondary degree
- Law degree an asset as well as 1-2 years of experience practicing law
- Ability to analyze and understand legal concepts and summarize them into plain language for the business community and members of the public
- Superior research skills to locate relevant cases, analyze precedents and legal arguments
- Strong writing, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated social and digital media knowledge and expertise
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and adheres to strict deadlines
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and Best Lawyers® Canada for professional excellence.
Clark Wilson is proud to be recognized as a Best Workplace™ in both British Columbia and Canada, as well as the following distinct categories –
- Best Workplace™ for Professional Services
- Best Workplace™ for Women in the Workplace
- Best Workplace™ for Mental Wellness
- Best Workplace™ for Giving Back
Our firm is comprised of over 100 highly accomplished lawyers and 160 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
HOW TO APPLY
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted