Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Commercial Real Estate Paralegal to join our commercial real estate practice group. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere where growth, professional development, and teamwork are supported.
- managing complex subdivision and Land Title Office filings;
- drafting correspondence and legal documents with respect to land development, including municipal covenants, rights of way and easements,
- managing commercial real estate property transactions from start to finish, under the supervision of a commercial real estate lawyer;
- the ability to confidently execute and review due diligence searches, including Land Title and BC Corporate Registry searches that involve complex corporate structures;
- register title and security documents in land title offices and other government registries;
- obtain and finalize title insurance policies;
- experience with commercial lending transactions an asset;
- familiarity and understanding of trust accounting principles; and
- the ability to manage a variety of incoming requests and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- graduate of a recognized Paralegal program;
- recent experience as a Paralegal at an intermediate level with expertise in the area of commercial real estate transactions, including residential and commercial land development;
- solid understanding of BC Land Title Office registration requirements and the ability to electronically file documents;
- working knowledge and understanding of real estate contracts and forms;
- strong technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, BC Online, and MYLTSA;
- a client-centred approach, with excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- the ability to handle the volume of a busy practice;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail; the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and handle a high level of responsibility;
- strong analytical and drafting skills, with the ability to identify potential legal issues; and
- the ability to work both independently, and as part of a large collegial team.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and Best Lawyers® Canada for professional excellence.
Clark Wilson is proud to be recognized as a Best Workplace™ in both British Columbia and Canada, as well as the following distinct categories–
- Best Workplace™ for Professional Services
- Best Workplace™ for Women in the Workplace
- Best Workplace™ for Mental Wellness
- Best Workplace™ for Giving Back
Our firm is comprised of over 100 highly accomplished lawyers and 160 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- health spending account;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after one year anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under the Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website to find out more about Clark Wilson (www.cwilson.com). You can apply for this position here or by directing your resume to Tiej Dapp, Manager of Legal Support Services and Staff Recruitment.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.