GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Security/Risk Specialist to join our Systems Administration Group reporting to the Director of Information Technology. This is a full-time, permanent position and is ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- Implement the information security strategy and objectives, including strategies to monitor and address current and emerging risks;
- Ensure all users receive ongoing security awareness training;
- Develop and maintain the Firm’s Information Security Policies and Standards and assure compliance through periodic testing of key controls and monitoring of security systems;
- Gather and report metrics to support the compliance of the firm’s information security posture;
- Develop and maintain a data governance program, including data loss prevention, and work with management to understand the flows of information, the risk to that information, and the best ways to protect information;
- Perform other technical tasks as required;
- Participate and assure audit compliance through internal and external reviews and recommend and initiate corrective actions; and
- Schedule and coordinates penetration tests and risk assessments.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Degree in IT, IT Security, or equivalent field;
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an operational risk, information security, security risk management, and/or cybersecurity professional;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task;
- Experience in managing security incidents;
- Ability to be firm on decisions and identify and articulate security gaps/ technology risks to members of the firm;
- Familiar with industry standards, best practices, and regulatory expectations in respect to technology and IT risk management;
- Knowledge of Technology and/or Information Security policies and procedures;
- Proven knowledge of relevant risk and security frameworks; and
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange, and Active Directory is beneficial
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory and Best Lawyers® Canada for professional excellence.
Clark Wilson is certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada and recognized as one of Canada’s 2021 Best Workplaces, 2021 Best Workplaces for Women, 2021 Best Workplaces for Mental Health, and 2021 Best Workplaces for Professional Services.
Our firm is comprised of over 100 highly accomplished lawyers and 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal-driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- a matching RRSP program;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- health spending account;
- short and long term disability insurance;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- day off with pay after one year anniversary;
- casual day every Friday; and
- plenty of opportunities to get to know your co-workers during our various social events and treat days throughout the year.
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under the Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website to find out more about Clark Wilson (www.cwilson.com). You can apply for this position here or by directing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources. Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted