Real estate has been instrumental in making Vancouver the burgeoning world city it is today, and developers have been instrumental in building the very foundations of where we live, work, come together and enjoy life.
Sarah is pleased to be a part of these contributions by representing clients in the commercial real estate sector. Sarah admires the dedication and pride our clients put into their work and our community.
SOCO by Anthem
- Negotiated rezoning and subdivision documents with the City of Coquitlam relating to a master planned urban mixed use community. This project is expected to comprise of five residential towers ranging from 23 to 44 storeys, a six-storey rental building, office space, retail space and a daycare.
The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Successfully completed multi-parcel land exchange with a variety of parties for the Deltaport Terminal Road and Rail Improvement Project
Kings Crossing, Cressey Development Group
- Negotiated rezoning and subdivision documents with the City of Burnaby for a complex development with multiple strata corporation towers above a shared commercial podium and parkade facility
Sarah provides strategic legal advice based on which clients can make timely decisions. She tailors her service to focus on the big picture and what is practical for clients from a business perspective.
|Strata-titled residential, commercial and mixed-use projects in Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, North Vancouver, New Westminster, Surrey, Delta, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows, Kelowna, and Whistler||Negotiation and preparation of purchase agreements and development agreements, including easements, statutory rights of way, and covenants|
|Municipal approvals, including subdivisions, rezoning, road dedications, and servicing arrangements||Acquisitions and dispositions of all commercial properties, including development sites and income properties|
|Advice on all aspects of the Real Estate Development Marketing Act||Air space subdivisions|
|Contaminated-site municipal approvals||Foreign-condominium and mixed-use project marketing within BC|
|Leases of office and retail properties, including commercial strata lots|
Chairing the Urban Development Institute’s Women of UDI Committee gave Sarah the unique opportunity to better understand the most important issues to the real estate industry. This ear to the ground gives Sarah a better understanding of client priorities and how best to meet them in an ever-changing market.
An example of this industry transformation can be found in the frequent changes under the Real Estate Development Marketing Act. Sarah is alert to changes in the law, which allows her clients to be proactive rather than reactive when adjusting their businesses, so that legislative and common law changes do not hinder their operations.
Sarah’s father was an architect, so she grew up around real estate—it has always been a part of her life. In fact, she worked at his office while in university and was able to experience the development industry from a different perspective. Practicing in commercial real estate is a natural fit for Sarah after visiting so many development sites as a child with her father.
Sarah loves the fact that with development work, she can see a project all the way through, from negotiation to site acquisition to consolidation to rezoning to marketing and, eventually, to community building. Real estate development is a tangible industry that contributes to our province’s sustainability, and Sarah feels privileged to be helping clients achieve success working within it.
Awards & Distinctions
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory®, Repeatedly Recommended Lawyer, Property Development, 2022
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Real Estate Law, 2021-2024, Municipal Law, 2024