Paralegal – Commercial Leasing
GROW WITH US AND BE YOUR BEST
Clark Wilson LLP is seeking a Commercial Leasing Paralegal to join our Commercial Real Estate practice group. This is a permanent position, ideal for anyone wanting to join a firm that takes pride in having a collegial working atmosphere, where growth and professional development are supported.
- managing commercial leasing transactions from start to finish, under the supervision of a senior solicitor;
- preparation of lease renewals, modifications, amendments, short form leases and registrations;
- communications with leasing reps for landlord and tenant;
- the ability to confidently execute and review due diligence searches, including Land Title and BC Corporate Registry searches that involve complex corporate structures; and
- the ability to manage a variety of incoming requests and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- graduate of a recognized Paralegal program;
- a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Paralegal working in a legal environment, particularly in the area of commercial leasing transactions;
- solid understanding of BC land title registration requirements;
- strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, BC Online and MYLTSA;
- excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- excellent organizational skills and, attention to detail;
- the ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing priorities;
- a client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- the ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- dedicated to providing service beyond expectation; and
- the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and, confidentiality, and to adapt to changing demands.
Clark Wilson is a thriving regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. We are consistently recognized by Canadian Lawyer as one of Western Canada’s top 10 regional firms and most recently certified as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® Institute Canada. Our firm is comprised of over 90 highly accomplished lawyers and approximately 150 support staff. We are proud that our team includes a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, with a common dedication to responsive, thoughtful and comprehensive client service. Our clients count on us to achieve results and provide value quickly and efficiently. Our employees are instrumental in helping us to achieve these results. If you would like to be part of our team and are hardworking and goal driven – we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS WE OFFER
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our benefits include:
- An RRSP-matching program
- An annual education/tuition allowance
- Ongoing continuing education
- Health and dental coverage
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Personal days to help balance outside commitments
- Employee assistance program
- Monetary incentive for employee referrals
- Casual day every Friday
- Plenty of opportunity to get to know your co-workers during our various social events throughout the year
See for yourself by checking out our Blog under our Culture section of our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit our website at www.cwilson.com to find out more about Clark Wilson. You can apply for this position through the careers section of our website or by emailing your resume to Sherri Fostvelt, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clark Wilson is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and a positive team working environment. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.