For every obstacle and problem there are alternative courses of action. This is a key principle of Aaron’s practice. Clients rely on him to achieve successful outcomes and minimize risk despite challenges. Responsiveness, strategy, creativity and practicality form his approach in resolving issues, addressing risk and achieving successful results for clients.
- Legal counsel for Convent Capital, an independent, sustainability-focused, Dutch investment firm based in Amsterdam, in connection with the +$100 million acquisition of organic waste company Renewi Canada and two additional organic waste businesses (one based in British Columbia and the other in the Netherlands)
- Continue to act as advisor to the Circular Waste Group as it grows
A&W of Canada Inc.
- Reorganization and sale of minority interest to Torquest
STAT Search Analytics Inc.
- Sale of the shares of STAT Search Analytics Inc. to Seattle-based SEOmoz Inc.
Aaron works with entrepreneurs, family businesses, medium-sized companies as well as larger national and international companies.
|Business purchase and sale transactions||Non-disclosure agreements and letters of intent|
|Due diligence||Business succession|
|Corporate reorganizations||Loan agreements|
|Shareholder agreements||Partnership agreements and joint ventures|
|Assisting non-Canadians entering the Canadian market||Commercial real estate, with an emphasis on purchase and sale transactions and the sale of equity co-operatives with redevelopment potential|
Aaron’s experience spans a wide range of industries, including, among others:
- Professional services (engineering, architecture, environmental)
- Civil construction
- Road construction
- Road maintenance
- Financial services
- Food processing
- Trucking and transportation
- Fish farming
- Health services
This broad exposure has provided Aaron with valuable insights into the common and unique legal challenges faced by business owners in a variety of industries.
Whether it is a purchase or sale transaction, negotiating and drafting a shareholders’ agreement or working with accountants to complete a corporate reorganization, Aaron’s focus is to deliver successful results on-schedule and on-budget. This is achieved through a project management approach by setting outcomes, timelines and legal fee budgets. The objective is to be accessible, effective and to deliver value beyond just getting the job done.
Working with local, national and international businesses over many years has helped Aaron refine his ability to identify and assess legal risks. This positively impacts our clients’ bottom line because he focuses on the issues that matter most and, consequently, those that have the greatest and most positive impact.
Whether big or small, Aaron understands that the stakes are significant for our clients. The passion that drives our clients also drives Aaron to look out for their interests in the same way that he would his own—with a strong, results-oriented approach.
Awards & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Corporate Law, 2018 and 2021