When business or personal disputes arise, clients may find themselves navigating an unfamiliar and complex territory that is often emotionally charged. As a result, tensions can quickly escalate, making resolutions seem impossible.
From the outset, Alison works closely with our senior lawyers to explore clients’ legal problems and uncover their needs.
Business Litigation Services
|Commercial litigation||Indigenous litigation|
|Business disputes||Real estate disputes|
|Contract disputes||Appellate practice|
Family Law Services
|Child support||Parenting time|
|Spousal support||Property division|
Estates & Trusts Services
|Wills variation claims||Unjust enrichment claims|
|Committeeship applications||Abuse of powers of attorney claims|
|Breach of fiduciary duty claims||Breach of trust claims|
|Legal research and opinions||Appellate practice|
Litigation can be a timely and public investment, and some clients prefer to have their matter attended to quickly and discreetly. Alison has experience in alternative dispute resolution, which provides clients the opportunity to resolve their issues in a more private and cost-effective manner. Regardless of the medium, Alison devotes considerable time, care, and thorough attention to each case.
Her curiosity and inquisitive nature means she enjoys the process of dissecting and analyzing complex issues to find new ways to add value to clients.
Alison’s experience includes a highly coveted clerkship at the province’s highest court, the Court of Appeal for British Columbia. This role gave Alison the opportunity to observe hearings, help craft judgments, and liaise directly with the judges of the court, providing her invaluable insights to the judicial decision-making process and court proceedings.
Prior to law school, Alison completed her Masters of Arts at the prestigious University of Chicago, a challenging program that helped Alison develop outstanding writing skills and the ability to construct arguments with intellectual rigor and thorough research. Together with Alison’s strong work ethic, grit and determination, these attributes make her a strong litigator for our clients.
Awards & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch, Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2024
- DLA Piper (Canada) LLP Prize in Alternate Dispute Resolution, 2019
- Margaret E. Barr Bigelow Memorial Scholarship, 2019
- Guild Yule LLP Prize in Ethics and Professionalism, 2019
- Patrons of the UBC Law Review Award, 2019
- Hon. Justice Grant Burnyeat Award in Law, 2018
- JSD Tory Prize for Advocacy, 2018
- Rosina and Gabriel Iacobucci Prize for Achievements in Family Law, 2018
- Ted le Nobel Memorial Scholarship, 2018
- Lawson Lundell Prize in Administrative Law, 2018
- Superior Court Judges’ Scholarship, 2017