Jeffrey Vicq is a partner of the firm and Co-Chair of the Intellectual Property and Information Technology Groups.
He has extensive experience with intellectual property law matters and with complex commercial law issues that typically arise in the development, implementation, exploitation and transfer of information technology-related products and services.
Lead trademark counsel for world’s leading online retailer
- Lead all aspects of Canadian trademark clearance, filing, registration, maintenance, and enforcement of trademark rights for the world’s leading online retailer. Additionally provide strategic international portfolio advice, copyright advice, and domain-name related services
Co-lead trademark counsel to world’s leading search engine services provider
- Conduct all aspects of Canadian trademark clearance, filing, registration, maintenance and enforcement of trademark rights for the world’s leading search engine services provider.
Legal leadership for enterprise software procurement
- Lead several multi-year projects supporting the procurement and implementation of enterprise software solutions for preeminent Canadian post-secondary institution
Intellectual Property Services
|Trademark registration, enforcement, licensing and portfolio counseling||Copyright registration, enforcement, licensing and counseling|
|Domain name registration, acquisition and disputes||Intellectual property audits and due diligence|
|Social media advice and counseling||The transfer and commercialization of IP rights|
|Intellectual property aspects of employment and contractor agreements|
Technology Law Services
|Master agreements for the procurement of hardware, software and professional services||Hardware and software design and development agreements|
|Software licensing and support agreements, including for SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS services||Open source software licenses and related issues|
|Hosting and co-location agreements||Outsourcing agreements|
|Licensing, bundling and distribution agreements||Marketing and promotional agreements|
|Internal and external technology use policies||Personal information protection, privacy policies and guidelines|
Jeffrey is a frequent speaker and lecturer in both Canada and the United States on intellectual property and technology matters. He routinely authors articles outlining developments impacting businesses and organizations in the technology, information technology and education sectors.
Jeffrey has been repeatedly recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada in the areas of technology law and information technology law. He is also recognized as a Leading Trademark Practitioner by World Trademark Review 1000:
With precise, business-practical and responsive service, Jeffrey supports his client’s efforts to advance their business goals.
Awards & Distinctions
- World Trademark Review 1000, Leading Trademark Practitioner, Prosecution and Strategy
- Listed in Who’s Who as one of the leading trademark lawyers in Canada
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Information Technology Law, Intellectual Property Law, Technology Law