Jeffrey Vicq is a partner of the firm and a member of the Intellectual Property and Information Technology Groups.
He has extensive experience with intellectual property law matters and with complex commercial law issues that typically arise in the development, implementation, exploitation and transfer of information technology-related products and services.
Lead trade-mark counsel for world’s leading online retailer
- Lead all aspects of Canadian trade-mark clearance, filing, registration, maintenance, and enforcement of trade-mark rights for the world’s leading online retailer. Additionally provide strategic international portfolio advice, copyright advice, and domain-name related service
Lead counsel for complex automated passport control solution project
- External legal team lead on a multi-year project relating to the development and distribution of an automated passport control solution, addressing a wide range of procurement, technology, security, commercial, and intellectual property issues in various countries
Co-lead trade-mark counsel to world’s leading search engine services provider
- Conduct all aspects of Canadian trade-mark clearance, filing, registration, maintenance and enforcement of trade-mark rights for the world’s leading search engine services provider. Additionally provide strategic domain-name related services
Intellectual Property Services
|Trade-mark registration, enforcement, licensing and portfolio counseling||Copyright registration, enforcement, licensing and counseling|
|Domain name registration, acquisition and disputes||Intellectual property audits and due diligence|
|Social media advice and counseling||The transfer and commercialization of IP rights|
|Intellectual property aspects of employment and contractor agreements|
Technology Law Services
|Master agreements for the procurement of hardware, software and professional services||Hardware and software design and development agreements|
|Software licensing and support agreements, including for SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS services||Open source software licenses and related issues|
|Hosting and co-location agreements||Outsourcing agreements|
|Licensing, bundling and distribution agreements||Marketing and promotional agreements|
|Internal and external technology use policies||Personal information protection, privacy policies and guidelines|
Jeffrey is a frequent speaker and lecturer in both Canada and the United States on intellectual property and technology matters. He routinely authors articles outlining developments impacting businesses and organizations in the technology, information technology and education sectors.
Jeffrey has been repeatedly recognized as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada in the areas of technology law and information technology law.
With precise, business-practical and responsive service, Jeffrey supports his client’s efforts to advance their business goals.
Awards & Distinctions
- World Trademark Review 1000, Leading Trademark Practitioner, Prosecution and Strategy
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Technology Law and Information Technology Law