Loyalty, relationships and experience shape our businesses and communities. Kevin is proud to serve clients who share these values as they work to build our city and province. He helps them provide and access the funding required for their commercial enterprises and projects, which form the infrastructure of our community.
- Advice on the financing and development of the former Expo Lands
University of British Columbia
- Ongoing assistance on financing, expansion and development of UBC lands
Vancouver Port Authority
- Ongoing support on acquisitions, financing and corporate matters
Kevin values our clients’ commitment to their businesses and brings that same commitment to efficiently meeting their legal requirements.
|Corporate lending and borrowing||Advising on appropriate financing and security structures involving various types of borrowers|
|Syndicated and participation loans||Acquisition financing|
|Real estate and construction financing||Project financing|
|Financing involving First Nations||Cross-border and multi-jurisdictional financing arrangements|
|Trade financing||Asset-backed lending|
|Mezzanine financing||Multicurrency financing|
|Equipment leasing and financing||Aviation financing|
|Automotive dealership financing||Debtor in-possession financing|
|Restructuring of existing debt||Enforcement and realization of security|
|Corporate restructuring transactions|
Kevin’s range of experience working through these complex financings is a resource from which he tailors unique and strategic solutions. He excels at working through difficulties, adding a practical viewpoint and providing workable solutions.
Kevin considers it a privilege to be a lawyer. With this privilege comes a responsibility to be a positive influencer and to give back to the community. He has served many local charities and organizations, including:
- Grizzlies Foundation
- Hooplaw Charitable Foundation
- Children’s Foundation
- Covenant House
- Western Canadian Paediatric AIDS Society
- Vancouver School Board
- War Amps
- Salvation Army
- Children’s Hospital
- Canuck Place
- Union Gospel Mission
- St. Thomas More Collegiate High School
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Vancouver
- Promise for a Cure Society, promoting the Ride for a Cure campaign.
- Vancouver Ismaili Walk
- Crofton House School
- Immaculate Conception School
For this work, Kevin has been honoured with the Canadian Bar Association’s 2016 Community Service Award.
With a passion for helping people, whether that be through philanthropy or legal practice, Kevin’s goal is to promote growth and drive success in whatever endeavors benefit our clients and the community to which he dedicates his practice.
Awards & Distinctions
- Canadian Bar Association BC Community Service Award, 2016
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Banking and Finance Law, 2019-2022
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Real Estate Law, 2022