The final round of minimum wage increases announced by the BC Government in March 2011 takes effect on May 1, 2012 (the first and second round of increases took effect on May 1st and November 1st, 2011 respectively). A summary of the latest increases are as follows:
- the general minimum wage will increase from $9.50 to $10.25 per hour,
- the minimum wage for liquor servers will increase from $8.75 to $9.00 per hour,
- live-in home support workers’ minimum wage will increase from $95.00 to $102.50 per day or part day,
- live-in camp leaders’ minimum wage will increase from $76 to $82 per day or part day, and
- resident caretakers minimum wage for an apartment building containing
- 9-60 suites will increase to $615 per month plus $24.65 for each suite, and
- more than 60 suites will increase to $2,094.84 per month.