As businesses begin to re-open, Andrea Raso, Chair of our Employment & Labour Group, answers pressing questions about the confines of personal boundaries vs. the health and safety of the overall workplace. Topics covered include:
- Can employers enact mandatory health procedures amongst employees? (ie. temperature checks, compulsory face masks and gloves etc.)
- If an employee has underlying health conditions or feels uncomfortable returning to work, are they obligated? Could this be grounds to terminate the employee if they refuse?
- Will employees be required to disclose if they or someone they live with, are showing symptoms of the virus?
- If an employee is diagnosed with COVID-19, are employers required to notify other staff members?
- As employees are asked to take precautionary measures to stay home if they feel slightly symptomatic, are they required to use sick days/vacation days or should the employer be responsible for coverage?
Click here for the video webcast.