“What is the best possible outcome for you?” That’s the first question Andrea asks clients. From there, her top priority is to achieve that goal practically and efficiently. She is passionate about truly understanding our clients’ needs in order to minimize their human resource issues and maximize the success of their businesses.
Major Canadian retailer
- Defended a precedent-setting lawsuit that saw the end of laid-off employees filing class actions across Canada
- Numerous workplace investigations, including investigating allegations of workplace harassment and bullying, incidents of workplace violence and employee misconduct
Sexual assault investigations
- Numerous sexual assault and sexual harassment investigations – in both the private and public sectors, higher learning institutions, and unionized and non-unionized workplaces.
Andrea helps clients resolve some of the most vexatious problems a business can have—those human-related issues that permeate the work environment and can detract from productivity.
|Wrongful dismissal and related tort claims||Human rights complaints|
|Workplace investigations||Sexual assault and sexual harassment investigations|
|Restrictive covenants||Disability benefits litigation|
|Employment standards complaints||Employment contracts|
|Labour Board hearings||Rights arbitration|
|Privacy complaints||Policy development|
|M&A and restructuring||Workers compensation|
|Executive compensation||Health and safety matters|
Her approach to solving these issues is ambitious and versatile. With two successful appearances at the Supreme Court of Canada, Andrea loves the thrill of a trial and will fight for clients as long and as hard as necessary. She also appreciates the value of a strong compromise and avoids trials that are better settled out-of-court.
In this spirit, Andrea achieved a Mediation Certificate from UCLA. This benefits our clients entering disputes because she has special training to better gauge the negotiation process and draw the opposing party to our favourable terms.
Andrea’s passion for business and people, and the interplay between them, was first kindled as a teenager while working in her father’s factory. Since then, she has honed that passion into a talent for helping businesses succeed with the people they need.
Awards & Distinctions
- Lexpert Zenith Award: Celebrating Leading Women Lawyers
- The Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal: Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives