New requirements for foreign employees returning to Canada


From September 1, 2016, it will be the policy of Clark Wilson to apply for Electronic Travel Authorizations (eTA’s) on behalf of all clients that require them.

Foreign nationals from visa exempt countries must have in their possession a valid eTA in order to be given permission to board any public carrier (air, rail, road and sea) to come to Canada. Failure to be in possession of a valid eTA will mean the foreign national will be refused boarding by the transport operator and their travel to Canada will be delayed until a valid eTA is obtained.

Please follow this link for further information.

Please contact John Soden if you have any questions regarding the above.